Can Violating an Oath of Office be a Case for Treason?
In an era where lying and #Resistance have become an art form, is it possible to hold those who take a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution be held to that pledge of honor and responsibility under penalty of Treason?
The Constitution (Article VI, clause 3) requires that Senators and Representatives take an oath of office to support the Constitution. The specific language of the oath has changed several times since it was first administered in 1789. It is set by statute (5 U.S.C. 3331), enacted by Congress. It now reads:
“I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
We have to include the current leftist thrust of the Democratic Party toward Socialism, the antithesis of our Constitutional Republic. The Party and its minions from the billionaire-paid black-clad, violent Antifa to the screaming mobs desecrating and burning the American flag as they destroy the property and lives of others. This has to include the powerful and continuing effort to destroy the life of Supreme Court Justice, Brett Kavanaugh, not to mention the current President of the United States, and to block his progress the people elected him to set forward with his business and building experience.
I’m looking at an available list of 102 Senators, Representatives and other solemn Constitutional oath-taking officials who have given strong support to CAIR, Council on American Islamic Relations. CAIR is identified as a front organization for Hamas and other groups bent on the conversion of the United States into an Islamic nation and world domination. Is it the oath taker’s ignorance or complicity? Given the political activity of CAIR, progress of Islamic candidates in places around the country, especially Minnesota – all Democrats, one has to understand how it violates their solemn oaths.
The wordings of the current oath of enlistment and oath for commissioned officers in the U. S. military are similar.
Solemn oaths are very serious business, especially when an elected or hired official or military officer takes within his or her hands power over the lives and welfare of one person or 350 million. The preservation of the Republic requires its officers and officials to 0confine their actions within the boundaries set out in the Constitution and the flag to which allegiance is sworn.
2018 is a pivotal time in history to hold our elected officials and military to the meaning, intent and honor involved in freely taking their oaths of office. Today, we are discerning where an officeholder’s treasures are, thereby belying the longings of his heart. The same holds true for all who dare make that solemn promise while looking into 350 million pairs of eyes with no intention to comply. The Founders were common in their belief in the core teachings of the Bible as is over 80% of the American population. 92% of Americans believe in a Creator.
The inscription on George Washington’s tomb – designed by him, reads:
“I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. John 1: 25-26
Did he want himself remembered as a “deist?”
It is from this belief that the core principle of the Constitution found in the Declaration finds meaning: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Would it be an understatement to say that few other than our beleaguered military take their oaths of office seriously? It has become a problem because fewer young people believe in the tenets of the Constitution or agree with its moral, spiritual and philosophical basis in the Declaration of Independence, or the basic faith held by our Founders.
Wasting taxpayers’ money on #Resistance rather than building is a serious breach of responsibility. Renewed or new found Love of Country is the easiest way to reverse the mortal danger #Resistance and the nation they use for power are facing. The opposite of love is not hate, but use! One who truly loves cannot use the beloved, rather be his/her servant and nurturer, willing to lay down his life for her/him. That is what oaths are all about! Without that level of love and responsibility, we cease to be human.
The Founding Fathers learned from the Bible, drawing from it the core of the American Dream of freedom and prosperity. They found swearing an oath upon it was natural and seriously binding. Today, we have three problems:
1. Swearing on the Bible as above with no intention of upholding that solemn promise. The recent past President actually believes the Constitution is “dead for all practical purposes.” (stated to Russia's Medvedev in 2009.) Far too many public servants – and they are servants – take the oath as a rite of passage with no binding responsibilities. I believe this is treasonous. That must change. Now! There must be serious consequences.
2. Swearing to uphold the Constitution on the Qur’an (Koran) is oxymoronic in that the holy book of the Muslims is also a theocratic code of laws strictly observed with severe penalties. It is called Sharia (Law). Take on Sharia, take on the Qur’an and become subject to Islam. The Constitution and Sharia are diametrically opposed and completely incompatible.
Sharia Lawyer, Khzir Kahn the well-known Gold Star poster boy from the 2016 Democratic National Convention, stated unequivocally, “Sharia is God’s law. It must supersede the Constitution which is man’s law.”
Buddhists, Hindu’s, Shinto’s, Sikh’s, Jews, Christians and almost the entire world’s ways of connecting with our Creator have found a place within the framework of freedom the Constitution affords. Some will always struggle because of local prejudices, but they all have the foundation of freedom to stand and build on. Not so under Sharia.
3. The recent past President and his wife promised change, a rewriting of our history. After years of political correctness, misguided social justice and divisive ideas of diversity, the American people have been conditioned to be influenced by the only “oath” actually seen in practice – Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals.”
“Rules for Radicals” is the “bible” of the totalitarian “progressive” movement that has captured the compliance of the majority of Americans. It was written and promulgated by Saul Alinsky, a well-known Chicago community organizer. It was taught to unsuspecting Chicagoans – even and especially to church groups drawn into Marxist social justice. One of Alinsky’s protégés, the young lawyer, Barack Hussein Obama became its most powerful and persuasive adherent and teacher. Hillary Rodham wrote her thesis at Wellesley on Saul Alinsky who dedicated his “Rules” to Lucifer. This makes it a spiritual question, not a merely political one.
Since his Administration and the current #Resist mode of the entire Democratic Party and legislating judges, consistently operates with mockery and derision on the fundamentals of “Rules for Radicals” blocking any and all progress the American people want and visualize. It will be up to the people and the Fourth Estate to determine and act on this most heinous violation of the Constitution and the trust of the electorate if we are to survive as a nation.
Showing Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, the 4th verse of the Star Spangled Banner, George Washington’s Prayer,
Listed below are the basic tenets of the “Rules for Radicals” bible. Some call it good politics. I call it spiritual warfare. Think of these as they are applied daily to overwhelm our system of government and the freedoms many have fought and died for. (Note: You and the righteously elected, hired and military people are the “enemy” referred to here. My comments are in (parentheses))
1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” (And boy have we let them bamboozle us with political correctness!)
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. (Done consistently, then lied about)
3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. (Not likely, though they even deny and lie about solid science and natural law.)
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. (We should!)
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. (Ask the Globalists of both parties.)
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy." (Like rioting and stealing elections. He who laughs last…)
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. (Exceeds their own expertise and is ultimately exposed for the lies the tactic is built from. It explains why the globalists come up with a new “outrage” almost weekly.)
8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose." (A daily dose of new crises, talking points with the complicit 5th column in the mainstream media)
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself." (Health care, fiscal cliff, debt ceiling, ad nauseum)
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. (They are masters at it, but when their house of cards crumbles, they’ll cry like babies.)
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... (Love conquers all, but tough love is what is needed here.)
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative." (With cadres “eating out the peoples’ substance,” they are ready every day with thousands of new rules and highly paid operatives to seek to enforce them.)
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. (Republicans have been suckered into this deep freeze for decades with the only reprieve being under President Ronald Reagan. They will never love you and the 5th Column media will never be on your side until their own existence is threatened. Financial bankruptcy doesn’t seem to be enough to shake them.)
It doesn’t take much for anyone who has every faced a bully, spent some time pondering Scripture, or reading history to see we are engaged in all-out spiritual warfare. While political strategies are critical, the war must be fought on the spiritual plane.
Our Founders and those who followed – even the attorney, Francis Scott Key in 1814 saw at the siege of Fort Sumter the extent of courage and sacrifice it took to defend the Republic from “all enemies, foreign and domestic.” “In God We Trust” – Written into the 4th verse of the Star Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key in 1814, it became the official motto in 1956, much to the chagrin of “progressives.” The fourth verse is sung as follows:
Oh thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace; may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a Nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: In God is our trust.
And the Star-Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
On April 14, 2005, I was privileged to be asked to read Washington’s prayer over his very tomb at Mt. Vernon. It was difficult because I was moved to tears before I uttered a line. Tears of joy for the gift of this great nation, tears of sadness for the attacks it has suffered at the hands of its own citizens, bent on destroying the very roots from which it has grown so marvelously. May God be praised for the gift we have been granted for which we have done nothing to earn.
The prayer was adapted from Washington’s Circular to the States, written from his headquarters as commander in chief in Newburgh, New York, on June 8, 1783. This circular was directed to the Governors and States of the new nation; his reference to them has been replaced by the words, “the United States.” Otherwise the words and spelling are those of General Washington:
“I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have the United States in his holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government. To entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Fields, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion (a paraphrase of Micah 6:8), and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation. Amen.” George Washington
Now we too must pray and act!
(2304 words with Addendum)
Biography - Gerald V. Todd
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.