Why Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Boxer, Academia and other “Progressives” hate the Declaration of Independence
You should be amazed with the number of bills, rules and regulations pending. Tens of thousands of other bureaucratically generated regulations are already “eating out the people’s substance” - a term from the Declaration of Independence.
Take a minute and read the meat of the Declaration of Independence where the Founders outlined WHY they declared independence:
• He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
• He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
• He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with ‘manly’ firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
• He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
• He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.
• He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.
• He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.
• He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation:
According to the site www.regulations.gov here are the regulations pending today – 1116 pending, and 6,099 over the last 90 days:
Requests for Information: Passenger Use of ATVs Closing on Nov 24, 2014
Agency Information Collection Activities; Submission to the Office of Management and Budget for Review and approval... Closed on Nov 20, 2014
Carbon Pollution Emission Guidelines for Existing Stationary Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units Closing on Dec 01, 2014
Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption Closing on Dec 15, 2014
Comments Due Soon – Links available on www.regulations.gov website.
• Next 3 Days(34)
• Next 7 Days(214)
• Next 15 Days(508)
• Next 30 Days(812)
• Next 90 Days(1,116)
• Last 3 Days(279)
• Last 7 Days(453)
• Last 15 Days(934)
• Last 30 Days(1,933)
• Last 90 Days(6,099)
Regulations created by the departments and agencies of the Executive Branch have created undue burdens on businesses and job creation.
In February, 2013, Rand Paul introduced the Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act (S. 15). “This legislation would require Congress to approve every major rule proposed by the Executive Branch, which has an annual economic impact of $100 million or more, before it can be enforced on the American people. S.15 would allow for Congress to regain their constitutional authority by limiting the size and scope of rule-making powers, without oversight, by the Executive Branch.
A companion version of the REINS Act was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives as H.R.367 by Congressman Todd Young, of Indiana.
“Progressives” have long held the Declaration of Independence as legally unfettered from their view of a “living, breathing Constitution.” By creating a spiritual vacuum, they commonly vilify the critical “endowment by our Creator.” There’s more to the moral, spiritual and philosophical basis of the Constitution than defining “inalienable rights.” In the Declaration there is also the chronicled history of “repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world:”
Direct quotes from the Declaration of Independence need no further explanation. I substituted “Obama” for “He” in the restatements. My responses are in italics.
• Obama has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good (energy and monetary policy to destroy our economy and enrich his cronies and our enemies.).
• Obama has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance (border control, illegal immigration, maintaining the peace), unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
• Obama has dissolved representative houses repeatedly (bypassing Congress by Executive Orders, overturning initiatives voted overwhelmingly by the people – immigration policy, marriage under natural law between a man and woman.), for opposing with ‘manly’ firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
• Obama has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within (Occupy anarchism, union thuggery, failure to enforce the borders, establishing a ‘civilian defense force as strong and well-funded as the military’).
• Obama has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands (Eugenics on the population, free rein for the illegal; Removing lands from resource exploration and development, draconian EPA and development regulations, minimum and prevailing wage demands to eliminate competition and compromise free enterprise).
• Obama has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers (Appointing judges who have disdain for the Constitution, even though they solemnly swear to uphold it – in league with all too many elected and bureaucratic officials.).
• Obama has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance (Obamacare with its 159 new agencies and selective privileges in green, health, education, welfare, immigration and union venues).
• Obama has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation: (Welcoming Islamic Sharia law. Conspiring with international financial speculators and passing laws so complicated and indiscernible that they are loaded with special privileges, poison pills and bureaucratic license such as that being used to attack businesses, citizens, Christianity in general and the Catholic Church in particular No law should exceed one specific subject area or 100 pages in length, or it is by definition, pretended legislation.)
By applying Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals and Cloward and Pivens strategies, the Administration and its cronies are overwhelming the system with harassment, untenable regulations, creating dependency by a large segment of the population through ignorance of our laws, traditions and history and usurping the parental role and responsibility for raising children in favor of the state. The Senate has refused to act on House bills passed on to carry out Constitutional duties the people elected them for.
The same tactics have ultimately failed throughout history at the cost of hundreds of millions of lives amid horrible human suffering and destruction of the works and dreams of many by the bomb and the torch. A Constitutional Republic under God works well and must be restored or we will suffer the fate of civilizations that came before us.
When the Declaration was written, it was in opposition to long established colonial power from afar. Declaring independence was the logical means of separation. Today, it is the usurpation of human and Constitutional rights of an established and successful nation. Today, the same offenses must be named and acted on for what it appears to me: Treason!
Ignore the Declaration, pay the price! Moral issues aside, it costs 3 to 4 times as much for government to usurp community responsibilities resulting in not only loss of freedom, but gaining a mountain of debt. Do you think it is time for truth and thrift?
"It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man who knows what the law is today can guess what it will be to-morrow." --James Madison, Federalist No. 62, 1788
www.articlevprojecttorestoreliberty.com for a Constitutional solution
Simple ways to solve day-to-day legislation and bureaucratic operations: the combined application of the principles of subsidiarity and solidarity (SubSoil).
Lawmaking and bureaucracy must incorporate Subsoil into the conception, design and government operations to preserve the American Way of Life. Five important questions must be asked, truthfully answered and applied with integrity:
1. Will this new law help or hurt initiative or personal responsibility? Is it an entitlement, or will people be challenged and motivated to exceed the law’s intended goals? Are the people allowed to do their best when challenged?
2. Does the legislation or the bureaucracy it authorizes benefit the wider community without focusing on special interest groups (selective privilege) save for specific needs of the helpless. (We’re all needy – we’re not all helpless!)?
3. Will this legislation put people or regions in a box? Are individual and community initiative and uniqueness subordinated to a rigid plan for central control through taxes, financial manipulation or bureaucratic overreach?
4. Will the legislation require major government oversight or will it encourage and maximize private enterprise and employment? Personal involvement with open opportunities leads to the development of individual gifts and talents and from these, new technologies, industries and services.
5. Is the legislation less than 100 pages in length, devoid of selective privileges and unrelated riders? Draconian bills of great length are by definition “pretended legislation,” filled with poison bills and bureaucratic license. We can no longer pass bills so we can see what’s in them. If a bill is too long, it becomes impossible to analyze and critique.
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.