Trickle Down Economics – Part 1 - Of the “Progressive”
The Trickle-Down of Wealth of Laffer’s Capitalism is contrary to the Washington, DC business of Extorted Citizen Tribute of “Progressive” Trickle-Down. They thrive on Debt-based bottomless pit money, tax manipulation and an industry of unfettered bureaucracy to eat out the people’s substance. In their exercise of greed and envy they seek “redistribution of wealth” from those who earn with the sweat of their brows and the fruit of their genius.
The range and success of human potential in the United States has advanced mightily in spite of the perfidious Trickle-Down of the “Progressives” control and manipulation of the monetary system. All thanks to Woodrow Wilson and the dark of night. The love of money finally became the root of all evil in our monetary system. The system is dying of its own rot and misuse.
“Progressive Trickle Down or “The Multistory Outhouse”
This far more pervasive trickle down draws its operating principles from the left. “Progressive trickle down” is likened to a multistory outhouse where money including taxes and rates are manipulated to control the lives of the masses and their efforts to survive and prosper on the lower levels of the “multistory outhouse.” “Progressive” Trickle-Down is not exclusively defined with earned or inherited wealth except for the moral character of those who use it for personal gain at the expense of others – the “love of money that is the root of all evil.”
Dr. Thomas Sowell in his 2002 book “Conflict of Visions” defined the features of constrained and unconstrained visions. Constrained vision includes reverence, respect and open-mindedness and the basis of beauty and true progress. The unconstrained vision is where anything goes, but is overloaded with rules, regulations and lawsuits to keep outsiders from playing the game or learning their schemes.
“Progressive Trickle-Down Economics”
(Follow the trickle down the 9 levels of the outhouse in this brief summary)
1. High Finance in the “progressive” world of Washington, DC, rates, taxes and regulations are the fodder used for power and control over the lives of others. Nine elements are in play in the totalitarian world as in the one of freedom and prosperity. Instead of being first a medium of exchange for commerce, trade, savings and investment in worthy projects, money is first a commodity to be manipulated for the benefit of those who control it with the ability to hedge it.
2. High Technology is more likely applied to weapons of war and the spread of cultural death than creation of things of immediate and lasting beauty. Weapons and beauty are both essential in a world where there will always be “wars and rumors of wars” until Judgment Day.
3. High Touch – the things of art, music, craftsmanship and myriad and diverse skills are subjugated to lesser roles. An obvious example is the elimination of the fine and industrial arts in the schools to create schemes to mold young minds to accept totalitarian rule. Another element is the cheapening and disposability of what once were magnificent structures that display the infinite diversity of human skills and talents.
4. Chaos erupts as freedom seeking but largely ignorant people strain at the chains of threatened and real poverty that bind them and quench their spirits of adventure and entrepreneurship in a spiritually dead, seldom uplifting environment.
5. Solidarity - The only solidarity the streets know is class warfare and the division of us against them. These hungry and frustrated people are open to the false promises of those who control them through economic deprivation and fear. The rulers and bosses never deliver, because they can’t.
6. Entitlement (the opposite of subsidiarity) slowly builds in the minds of the people as they yield to the treats thrown them to keep them satisfied and dependent on their rulers. Poorly educated and propagandized by corrupt officials and ignorantly arrogant academics, they come to believe their government will take care of their every need. They are ultimately doomed to slaughter.
7. The Logic of the totalitarian is always based on raising “straw men” who are the “real” villains - the rich, the Church, greedy corporations, ad nauseum, who have taken prosperity away from the masses. A lie told often enough comes to be believed even if it is ridiculous at its base. Heroes are mocked, their reputations destroyed while the power players steal, kill and destroy –“for the children.”
8. The Ethics of the “progressive” are based on a form of spiritual warfare against the mores and institutions of a peaceful, generous and industrious people. It is called “political correctness.”Its tactics are founded on rules for radicals the author dedicated to Lucifer. Its greatest promoters are academia, corrupt foundations and educational unions, exhorted by a powerfully persuasive President.
9. What is left of the Beauty in life is consigned to the sewer of national debt and perverse art and activity. Funds needed to create beautiful and lasting structures and environments yield to the cheap and disposable. Funds have been drained away by manipulation and unfair special interest contracts that serve only a few. “Progressives” shrink at exporting the most beautiful and effective secular gift known to mankind - the Constitution and its eternal mentor, the Declaration of Independence. Instead they encourage perverse works of art, pornography, education in the death arts of eugenics’ “reproductive science” and false environmental theories. Weapons of war are a commodity to be made available for other despots to control their lands – not for legitimate and needed defense against the ever present evil of despots fighting despots, foreign and domestic.
Now is not the time to be discouraged, but to realize that there is a better, time tested and wonderful way to make the same nine elements work as a “Fountain of Opportunity and Prosperity” to the benefit of all and to give honor and glory to the Creator who endowed us with the “inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” Watch for Part 2.
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.