Rick Santorum needs to stay in the race Romney and Santorum are both good candidates, but the battle ahead
requires troops Romney and the party elite can't provide.
As Glenn Beck said, "We are all Catholics today," after the BHO attack on the Catholic Church and its health, education and care institutions... by extension, an attack on all of Christianity and our Jewish brothers and sisters.
Consider 5 things:
1. Santorum is a solid Catholic widely admired by Evangelicals - and those Catholics who have their heads screwed on straight - never having been sucked into the liberation theology of social justice and thug unionism.
2. Pope Benedict XVI is one tough old bird (all due respect to His Holiness). He has been appointing tough, solid, spiritual, principled, conservative men in key positions for the last three years. Cardinal Tim Dolan of NY also President of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops; Gomez of Los Angeles; George of Chicago; Corleone of Oakland, Ochoa of Fresno and just yesterday, Lori of Baltimore. Dolan and Lori have directly faced down the Obama Administration and "apostate" Nancy Pelosi who ginned up the Sandra Fluke fiasco to draw attention away from the Administration's attempt to force the Church to change her doctrines on life issues.
Did anyone notice the direct attack against the Vatican by Goldman-Sachs closing the Vatican's bank accounts? SEIU is also battling the Vatican on international unionism. This battle is global spiritual warfare, but the battlefield is the good old USA and its Constitutional Republic... a treasure these Catholic bishops revere.
3. Mexico under the Calles' dictatorship slaughtered tens of thousands of priests, nuns and laity. Under current President Calderone there is a war for control of the country against the drug cartels, beneficiaries of AG Holder's "gun-walking." Pope Benedict XVI is visiting Mexico starting Friday 23rd. The Church is finally asserting itself and standing with Calderone. 50,000 have died in the brutal slaughters by the drug cartels.
4. Latino's have traditionally voted 6:1 Democratic - though President Bush 43 drew far better and moderate McCain fell flat on his face. I am close to many Latino's and they are really angry about Obama's untruths and negative anti-family policies. We have a golden opportunity to rightfully garner the Latino vote. One young man emailed me in part: "My grandfather was a "Cristero" and fought against the communist regime of Plutarco E. Calles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutarco_El%C3%ADas_Calles . My father had to be baptized in hiding from an underground priest who was being hidden in fear he would be assassinated for practicing his Holy Orders. I see a strong resemblance in the policy of Barack Obama."
5. With Santorum, we can have each others' backs. With Romney, they haven't even started to attack his Mormonism - which they will use as a wedge between the rest of Christianity to divide us.
This is spiritual warfare and we have the better armor. Let's seriously consider uniting behind Rick and use the gifts God gave us.
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.