“Progressives” have long held the Declaration of Independence as legally unfettered from their view of a “living, breathing Constitution.” They commonly vilify the critical “endowment by our Creator.” There’s more to the moral, spiritual and philosophical basis of the Constitution than defining “inalienable rights.” In the Declaration there is also the chronicled history of “repeated injuries and usurpation's, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world:”
Taking a small bit of literary license to prove there are no new sins of despots, only new spins and the tiresome, “Hey get with it, it’s the 18th, 19th, 20th and now the 21st Century” as if the human hunger for freedom and natural law change with the whims of the arrogant. The “21st Century get with it” updates are in italics to clarify the damage done by the aggressors in this modern spiritual war. These direct quotes from the Declaration of Independence need no further explanation.
• He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good (energy and monetary policy to destroy our economy and enrich his cronies and our enemies.)
• He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance (illegal immigration, maintaining the peace), unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
• He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly (bypassing Congress by Executive Orders, overturning initiatives voted overwhelmingly by the people – immigration policy, marriage under natural law between a man and woman.), for opposing with ‘manly’ firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
• He has refused for a long time, after such dissolution, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within (Occupy anarchism, union thuggery, failure to enforce the borders, establishing a ‘civilian defense force as strong and well-funded as the military’).
• He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands (Removing lands from resource exploration and development, draconian EPA and development regulations, minimum and prevailing wage demands to eliminate competition and compromise free enterprise).
• He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers (Appointing judges who have disdain for the Constitution, even though they solemnly swear to uphold it – in league with all too many elected and bureaucratic officials).
• He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance (Obamacare with its 159 new agencies and selective privileges in green, health, education, welfare and union venues).
• He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation: (Conspiring with international financial speculators and passing laws so complicated and indiscernible that they are loaded with special privileges, poison pills and bureaucratic license such as that being used to attack businesses, citizens, Christianity in general and the Catholic Church in particular No law should exceed one specific subject area or 100 pages in length, or it is by definition, pretended legislation.)
By applying Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals and Cloward and Pivens strategies, the Administration and its cronies are overwhelming the system with harassment, untenable regulations, creating dependency by a large segment of the population through ignorance of our laws, traditions and history and usurping the parental role and responsibility for raising children in favor of the state. Over 1,000 days have passed since the Senate provided a budget while refusing to act on House bills passed on to carry out Constitutional duties the people elected them for.
We all know the same tactics have ultimately failed throughout history at the cost of hundreds of millions of lives amid horrible human suffering and destruction of the works and dreams of many by the bomb and the torch. We know better that a Constitutional Republic under God works well and must be restored or we will suffer the fate of civilizations that came before us.
When the Declaration was written, it was in opposition to long established colonial power from afar. Declaring independence was the logical means of separation. Today, it is the usurpation of human and Constitutional rights of an established and successful nation. Today, the same offenses must be named and acted on for what it appears to me: Treason!
Ignore the Declaration, pay the price! Moral issues aside, it costs 3 to 4 times as much for government to usurp community responsibilities resulting in not only loss of freedom, but gaining a mountain of debt. Do you think it is time for truth and thrift?
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.