Twelve Reasons Why Martin Luther King Day Should be Abolished
1. King was such a bad man that his widow, Coretta Scott King, had to get a federal judge to place his FBI files under wraps until 2027, or there would have been scandal upon scandal, which would have either imperiled the movement to have a national holiday named for him, or at least have made such a movement look as ridiculous as it really was.
2. King is an idol like Mohammed. The holiday in his name therefore sanctifies every bad thing he ever did.
4. He was one of the greatest adulterers in American history, having literally had a girl (many girls, actually) or a prostitute (no disrespect to working girls intended) in every port. Thus has the King cult helped to destroy sexual morality in America.
5. He supported violence, declaring “Riots are the voice of the voiceless.” By his own admission, he deliberately used the so-called principle of non-violence to incite violence;
6. He degraded the black church into a partisan political organization that routinely violates the tax laws, and violates the very “constitutional principle” of the “separation of church and state” (never mind that no such principle exists in the constitution) that supporters of the King cult ruthlessly and one-sidedly impose on white Christians;
7. He was the most powerful supporter of Communism that this country had ever seen. He surrounded himself with Communists, and took their money: Stanley Levison, Hunter Pitts “Jack” O’Dell, Stanley Levison, Bayard Rustin, Myles Horton, Zilphia Horton, The Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, Carl Braden, Anne Braden, James A. Dombrowski,
Aubrey Williams, Abner W. Berry, Ahmed Ben Bella, et. al.
8. He destroyed the concept of civil rights. As the most celebrated leader of the so-called civil rights movement, more appropriately called the black rights movement, which through verbal legerdemain took something that is the inheritance of every legal American citizen—civil or constitutional rights—he made them the private property of blacks, including blacks that aren’t even citizens;
9. He was America’s greatest orator, and did something that to my knowledge, no other major American orator has done. Whereas politicians typically wait for a later speech to contradict what they have claimed to be all that is near and dear to them, King accomplished this feat in the same, “I Have a Dream” speech. At different points in the speech, he both called on America to be guided by the principle of color-blindness, and to impose race-specific policies granting welfare and reparations programs to blacks. Thus did MLK contribute more than any other American to the degradation of oratory;
10. He undermined the rule of law in general, as something that only whites must obey, but which must serve blacks, and particularly the principle, enshrined in the 14th Amendment of equality under the law. The 1964 U.S. Civil Rights Act, which his cultists credit him with getting enacted, has served to relegate whites to the status of second-class citizens; and
11. He was a traitor, and helped to mainstream treason. On April 4, 1967, he delivered a speech at New York’s Riverside Church which could have been written in Hanoi, and delivered via diplomat’s pouch, so true was it to Communist lies. King claimed to be speaking on behalf of peace, but it was the peace of the graveyard. He was acting as the advocate of the North Vietnamese Communists and their allies.
12. His true beliefs were the opposite of the color-blindness to which he paid lip-service. At the time of his murder, he was in Memphis demanding hard racial quotas for all public service jobs, qualifications be damned.
Award-winning, New York-based freelancer Nicholas Stix founded A Different Drummer magazine (1989-93). Stix has written for Die Suedwest Presse, New York Daily News, New York Post, Newsday, Middle American News, Toogood Reports, Insight, Chronicles, the American Enterprise, Campus Reports, VDARE, the Weekly Standard, Front Page Magazine, Ideas on Liberty, National Review Online and the Illinois Leader. His column also appears at Men's News Daily, MichNews, Intellectual Conservative, Enter Stage Right and OpinioNet. Stix has studied at colleges and universities on two continents, and earned a couple of sheepskins, but he asks that the reader not hold that against him. His day jobs have included washing pots, building Daimler-Benzes on the assembly-line, tackling shoplifters and teaching college, but his favorite job was changing his son's diapers.