Topic category: Constitution/Constitutional Crises
The Solemn Oath as a Case for Treason
It now reads:
“I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
The Founding Fathers understood swearing an oath was natural and seriously binding. It is not a rite of passage to power.
The Democratic Party’s turn toward Socialism and Islam are the antithesis of the Constitution. Antifa and other screaming mobs desecrate the flag and destroy the property and lives of others. #Resisting the President simply blocks the progress we elected him to apply his visionary business and building experience.
102 Senators, Representatives and other solemn Constitutional oath-taking officials have given strong support to CAIR, Council on American Islamic Relations, a front for Hamas and others bent on converting the United States into Islamic world domination.
Solemn oaths are very serious business. Officials assume power over the lives and welfare of 350 million souls. The preservation of the Republic requires us to guide our actions within Constitutional boundaries. Many officeholders have no intention to comply and are subject to charges of sedition or treason.
The Founders were common in their belief that the core principle of the Constitution is found in the Declaration: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights; that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Few young people even know or believe in the tenets of the Constitution so cannot agree with its moral, spiritual and philosophical basis in the Declaration of Independence.
Democrats wasting taxpayers’ time and money on “investigations” and resistance, rather than building our people and the economy is a serious breach of moral and fiscal responsibility. Without a level of love and responsibility, we cease to be human.
Gerald V. Todd
Showing Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals, the 4th verse of the Star Spangled Banner, George Washington’s Prayer, Listed below are the basic tenets of the “Rules for Radicals” bible. Some call it good politics. I call it spiritual warfare. Think of these as they are applied daily to overwhelm our system of government and the freedoms many have fought and died for. (Note: You and the righteously elected, hired and military people are the “enemy” referred to here. My comments are in (parentheses))
1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” (And boy have we let them bamboozle us with political correctness!)
2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people. (Done consistently, then lied about)
3. "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. (Not likely, though they even deny and lie about solid science and natural law.)
4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. (We should!)
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. (Ask the Globalists of both parties.)
6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy." (Like rioting and stealing elections. He who laughs last…)
7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. (Exceeds their own expertise and is ultimately exposed for the lies the tactic is built from. It explains why the globalists come up with a new “outrage” almost weekly.)
8. "Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose." (A daily dose of new crises, talking points with the complicit 5th column in the mainstream media)
9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself." (Health care, fiscal cliff, debt ceiling, ad nauseum)
10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. (They are masters at it, but when their house of cards crumbles, they’ll cry like babies.)
11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside... (Love conquers all, but tough love is what is needed here.)
12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative." (With cadres “eating out the peoples’ substance,” they are ready every day with thousands of new rules and highly paid operatives to seek to enforce them.)
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. (Republicans have been suckered into this deep freeze for decades with the only reprieve being under President Ronald Reagan. They will never love you and the 5th Column media will never be on your side until their own existence is threatened. Financial bankruptcy doesn’t seem to be enough to shake them.)
It doesn’t take much for anyone who has every faced a bully, spent some time pondering Scripture, or reading history to see we are engaged in all-out spiritual warfare. While political strategies are critical, the war must be fought on the spiritual plane. Our Founders and those who followed – even the attorney, Francis Scott Key in 1814 saw at the siege of Fort Sumter the extent of courage and sacrifice it took to defend the Republic from “all enemies, foreign and domestic.”
“In God We Trust” – Written into the 4th verse of the Star Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key in 1814, it became the official motto in 1956, much to the chagrin of “progressives.” The fourth verse is sung as follows:
Oh thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace; may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a Nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto: In God is our trust.
And the Star-Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
On April 14, 2005, I was privileged to be asked to read Washington’s prayer over his very tomb at Mt. Vernon. It was difficult because I was moved to tears before I uttered a line. Tears of joy for the gift of this great nation, tears of sadness for the attacks it has suffered at the hands of its own citizens, bent on destroying the very roots from which it has grown so marvelously. May God be praised for the gift we have been granted for which we have done nothing to earn.
The prayer was adapted from Washington’s Circular to the States, written from his headquarters as commander in chief in Newburgh, New York, on June 8, 1783. This circular was directed to the Governors and States of the new nation; his reference to them has been replaced by the words, “the United States.” Otherwise the words and spelling are those of General Washington:
“I now make it my earnest prayer, that God would have the United States in his holy protection, that he would incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government. To entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Fields, and finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all, to do Justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility and pacific temper of mind, which were the Characteristicks of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion (a paraphrase of Micah 6:8), and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy Nation. Amen.” George Washington
Now we too must pray and act!
Biography - Gerald V. Todd
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.