Topic category: Government/Politics
Simple Values for Politicians and the People Who Vote for Them
Here are a few simple observations that a few of us might grasp and try to understand:
1. The Declaration of Independence sets the spiritual, moral and philosophical base of the Constitution. It also warns of “pretended legislation” and the “sending out of agents to eat out the peoples’ substance.”
2. Political Correctness is Academia’s contribution to arrogance and ignorance. Free speech and free exchange of ideas are lost. There is nothing in PC that exudes love, only a failed attempt at sensitivity and compassion to control critical thinking and true charity.
3. The Principles of Subsidiarity and Solidarity must be applied together in all legislation to prevent selective privilege and demeaning dependency.
4. No House or Senate Bill should cover more than one subject area. Any bill over 50-100 pages is likely “pretended legislation.” The current dustup over 3,000 page Obamacare with Catholic institutions is a classic example of the implantation of “poison pills” and bureaucratic license by drafters and imposers with ill-intent.
5. The Federal Government has no competence in Health, Education and Welfare, primarily community, church and state responsibilities. By definition, central government control of individual lives and communities violates subsidiarity, imposes selective privilege and creates dependency
6. By ignoring Subsidiarity, local rule is passed to the central government, which encourages formation of radical, despotic and corrupt entities that covet power and control.
7. Debt-based money as in our Federal Reserve System is actually “Tribute” paid by every productive and creative work of every person and business entity. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary: (b (1) : an excessive tax, rental, or tariff imposed by a government, sovereign, lord, or landlord (2) : an exorbitant charge levied by a person or group having the power of coercion) The nation’s full faith and credit can back “tribute-free currency” easier than “debt-based currency.” High Finance is ideally a medium of exchange and productive investment – the servant, not the master. When used as a tool for societal control or gaining wealth and power through currency manipulation and monetary speculations, it is “the root of all evil.”
8. The challenge of Islam will be met with a special kind of love. After all, Mohammed held the Blessed Virgin Mary as the most important woman in Islam and that her son Jesus was virgin-born. Ultimately this widely ignored truth will have beautiful unifying consequences for all people of faith and good will. God is not mocked.
9. We have received from God the self-evident truth of inalienable rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We are also empowered to meet today’s challenges. We must pray and act!
Gerald V. Todd
Biography - Gerald V. Todd
Jerry is a retired engineer with strong experience in environmental innovation which he still applies today with 2 clean water and energy saving technologies. His life avocation in writing and study of philosophical and biblical themes as they apply to the body politic's spiritual warfare. He survived stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in 2006; now in excellent health. A graduate of the University of Illinois (1958, Industrial Engineering), Jerry had post graduate studies at both the University of San Francisco and the University of Santa Clara in California between 1961 and 1963 (Logic, Marketing). As co Founder and seminar presenter he was awarded a Ph.D. in Philosophy at Valley Christian University operating under California private-post secondary statutes for mid career student, VCU was the pioneer external degree school for mid career students. Its course structures were picked up by several well known Christian colleges. Hosted local broadcast radio and TV shows, "Religion on the Line" and "The News Firm" (jointly with wife, Joanne), respectively. Jerry has published several books that are available at Amazon. Jerry is available to speak as a visiting lecturer at the high school, college or community organization level. Jerry is married 55 years to Joanne Dean Todd – 3 children, 8 grandchildren.